Friday, July 21, 2023

You Are So Space'ial

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year website, yesterday (20th July) was National Moon Day and Space Exploration Day. 

I remember back in 1969, it was the 21st for us down here in Australia. We had just arrived at school to be told we could go home as the first man was walking on the moon and we could watch this event on our TV's at home.

As you can see I decided to create a space themed card to celebrate these events.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


For my card today, I created a 5 x 7 Flip and See Card using Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott's 5 x 7 Flip and See Card die set.

I used stamps from Clearly Besotted's Balloon Bunch Space stamp set to decorate my card.

The sentiment at the top left side of my card, I used a sentiment from Made To Surprise's Out in Space stamp set.


When you pull the tab at the right hand side of the card, the top panel flips to the left to reveal another space scene. I used the same stamp sets on this panel as I did on the front of my card. The sentiment used on this panel is from the Clearly Besotted stamp set.


This card is then layered onto a side folding 5 x 7 card. I added a few more images from the Clearly Besotted stamp set.

I also added two more of the sentiments from the Made To Surprise Out In Space stamp set.


Other Supplies:

Out In Space Stamp Set - Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott (discontinued)




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love that interactive die set ... and your card. Such a walk down memory lane!