Monday, July 3, 2023

Picnic Easel Card

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year Web Site, today (3rd July) is National Picnic Month. Seeing I had recently received some picnic themed stamps/dies of course I had to pull them out to play.

This card using stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts May Kit of the month which includes two stamp sets and three die sets all with a picnic theme. I love the picnic table and basket included in this set.



I decided to create a 5 x 7 Easel Card. For the background panel on the top part of the card I created a scene pattern paper from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Twist and Pop Patterned Paper Pad, this was the perfect size to use for this card and made the background very easy.

I used Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes Paper Pad for the base portion of the card.


The card folds flat, and will easily go into a 5 x 7 envelope. 

I paper pieced the girls pants, top and hat using various patterned papers.


Here is a look at the base of my card. I added the sentiment to the centre of the card to use as a stopper for the easel. I added the cat and watermelon to the right corner. I die cut another piece of red gingham paper to use as a picnic blanket and added more of the food to the blanket.


Other Supplies:

Twist and Pop 8 x 8 Patterned Paper Pad - Made To Surprise






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun, summery card.