Friday, July 7, 2023

Congrat-Shoe-Lations!


Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Today I am sharing a trifold card using the Tri-Fold 5 x 7 Showstopper Card die set from Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott. There are a number of different ways you can fold or die cut this style of card to give you different looks. For this card I decided to fold the card so that the larger area is on the left side of the card, which gave me more room to decorate.

To decorate the card, I used Scrappy Tails Craft's A2 High Heel Shoe die set, die cutting the parts of the shoe from black, pink and holographic cardstocks. 


I used the Ovals and Filigree Ovals Nesting die sets from Creative Craft Products/Craft Stash to use as a place to add the shoe.

I also added a black bow to the top right hand corner of the card using another die from the shoe die set.

I added the birthday word die to the left edge of my card using black and holographic cardstock. This means my card is now wider than the 5 inches, it's closer to 6 inches. But I liked the look of something on the edge, so I went with it. 

I pulled out a very old Stampin' Up stamp set for the sentiment, as I wanted something "shoe" themed. I layered the sentiment to circles using the Circle Nesting die set from Creative Craft Products.


I added patterned paper to the left side of the back of the card. I added a white panel to the right side, which covers the tab where the "birthday" is and gave me a place to add a sentiment and a place for a personal greeting. The sentiment is. computer generated, so I could have another "shoe" themed sentiment.

Now because the front of the card has so many layers on the left side, it was having trouble standing up which was annoying me. To solve the problem, I die cut some more circles and stamped a shoe in the centre. I then added this to the lower portion of the left side of the card using a washer in between the circles. The washer is about the same thickness as foam tape. This helped balance the card out and it can now stand on its own. I probably won't be mailing this one, so the extra weight from the washer isn't an issue.








Other Supplies:
Steppin' Up - Stampin' Up (retired)





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Great die set and card