Thursday, July 20, 2023

Chess Slimline Pop-up

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year website, today (20th July) is International Chess Day. As I had ordered a chess theme stamp set from Clearly Besotted a month or so ago this seemed like the perfect time to pull it out and make a card using it.


As you can see I created a Slimline Pop-up card to create my chess themed scene. The chess themed stamp set is Clearly Besotted's Your Move stamp set, I just love those cute characters holding the different chess pieces.

For the card I used Karen Burniston's Mini Pops Pop-up and Small Scene Bam Box die sets to create the pop-up elements of the card. The two character's at the very back use one of the single pop-up dies from the Mini Pops Pop-up die set. The other four characters are popped up using the Small Scene Bam Box die set. I die cut the bam box from green cardstock to match the grass base and also added the grass piece to the front to hide the bam box.


I used the sun from the Landscape Scene die set to add the sun to the top right hand side of my card.

The greenery at the back of the card uses a die from Spellbinders Hummingbird and Lily die set.

For the "Happy Birthday" I used Honey Bee Stamps Birthday Wishes stamp set with coordinating dies and hot foil plate. The "birthday" is foiled using black foil using the solid plate to get the negative sentiment image.

I computer generated the "fun and games" sentiment at the bottom of the card.


I kept the front of the card fairly simple, seeing the focus is on the inside of the card. To help keep the card closed, I used the Long Flap and Closure die set, using magnets to keep the card closed.

I added a few more of the cute characters holding the chess pieces to decorate the front.

For the sentiment, I used Karen Burniston's Alphabet die set to make the word "Chess". I then added the  "Wanted To Say" using a Julie Hickey stamp set.



Here is a look at the front of my card with the Flap open. As you can see, I die cut another of the flaps from green cardstock and adhered it to the front of the card, to help ground the characters. This is hidden when the flap is closed.














1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Ahahaha - that's such a fun card.