Tuesday, July 4, 2023

July 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 

 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our July Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "COLLECTION PACK CREATIONS" - use papers from either of the collection packs plus at least one die from the June 2023 release.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


 When Karen sent our June release dies to the Design Team, we were lucky enough to receive two 12 x 12 Echo Park Paper Packs, I love their papers so this was a lovely surprise. One of the Botanical Gardens Collection was a floral theme, with many beautiful floral papers I used this pack for my card today using two of the pattern papers.

I used two of the new dies from the June release ... Twist Flower Pop-up and Fun Flowers die sets.

I have already shared a Mini Slimline card using the Twist Flower Pop-up, so this time around I made a Slimline Card so I could included 3 of the pop-ups in my card. My Slimline Card measures 3 3/4 inches x 8 3/4 inches.

When I added the flowers to the card, I added the centre flower as per the directions on the packaging so that the flower twists towards the right side of the card when closing. I reversed the folds of the mechanism when I folded the other two pop-ups, so this time those flowers twist toward the left side when closing. Check out my video above to see this in more detail.


I used the border die included in the Long Nature Edges die set to create the border panels on each of my panels.

For the sentiment label and blank label, I used one of the labels from Rectangles and Labels - Crosshatch die set.

The butterflies are from the Fun Flowers die set which I die cut from yellow glitter card and black cardstock and pieced together.


For the front of the card, I repeated all the elements I used on the inside of my card. I used the Long Rectangles - Crosshatch die set to die cut my rectangle panels for the front of my card.








2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...


Fun card - good idea to reverse the folds on one of the blooms.

Belinda said...

Love this card. It is very Springy and colorful.