Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Have Yours-Elf a Merry Little Christmas



Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our Paper Pros challenge for December. This month our challenge is hosted by Me! The theme this month is .... Let's Twist Again (like we did last summer). Which means we could use either of Karen Burniston's "twist" die sets ... the Snowman Twist Circle Pop-up or the Twist Panel Pop-up die sets to create our card.


As you can see I went with the Twist Circle Panel Pop-up die set to create my card for our challenge today. 

To decorate my card I used the Santa's Elves stamp set from MFT Stamps.  

I die cut the four panels from white cardstock using the rectangle die included in the die set. I then stamped each panel using MFT Stamps Snowfall Background stamp with VersaMark ink and embossed using white embossing powder. I then covered the snowflakes using two different pink Distress Oxide inks and spritzed with water using a distress sprayer.

I added a snowbank to the bottom of each of the panels using the border die from the Nature Edges die set using glitter to give the look of snow.

Along the top edge I added a cloud edge also from the Nature Edges die set and added the ornaments from the stamp set along the cloud edge.

I added the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Retro Merry Christmas to the bottom panel of the card.


On the front of the card I created a scene using the remainder elf from the stamp set, the tree and presents, which I layered onto circles.

I added a sentiment from another stamp set to finish off the card.


Here is a look at  the inside of the card when the card is starting to close, you can see how the centre panel twists to the side as it is closing.


Here is my card when it is folded. Mine is a little thicker than it needs to be as I keep insisting on using foam tape to add the images to the twist panel part of the card which makes it a little thick. I am not worried about the thickness as I can hand deliver it when I want to give it away, but if you want it thinner, just don't use as much foam tape as I do.

You can see what the other "Paper Pros" created for this challenge on their blogs:







Supplies:


Stamps:  Santa's Elves; Snowfall Background - MFT Stamps; Elf'd - Essesntials by Ellen; Jolly Sentiments - Kaisercraft
Paper: White; Green; Red; Dark Red; Dark Green; DP - DCWV
Dies: Twist Panel Pop-up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Stitched Circles; Dotted Scallop Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Retro Merry Christmas - Tim Holtz/Sizzix
Other: Black Ink; VersaMark Ink; White Embossing Powder; Clear Embossing Powder; Warm Lipstick Distress Oxide; Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide; Clear Double Sided Adhesive; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops; Autumn Red Nuvo Crystal Drops; White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops; Foam Tape; Copics



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

OMGosh Frances - this is amazing. I love everything about it.

jojot said...

your attention to detailsl is fabulous...loving those elves

itsazoo said...

Love the card and those Elves are soooooooooo cute.....