Monday, December 4, 2017

Merry Christmas Wishes


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I have been playing with a few more new products I have received recently to make this card.

First up the background has been done using the Christmas Turnabout Stamp set from Concord & 9th .... I am a big fan of their turnabout stamps. For this one I stamped each turn using VersaMark ink and then covered with white embossing powder. After embossing the background I used various red and green Distress Oxide inks to add color.

I also used MFT Stamps Mod Rectangles to cut a panel out of the background which I have die cut from a rectangle panel. I ended up layering it up back from where it was die cut using foam tape. This wasn't what I had planned to do with it, but this seemed to work best for this card so I went with it.

For the sentiment I used the banner die that goes with the Christmas Turnabout stamp set. I die cut the banner twice from  white and green cardstock, layering the banner in the centre to get a banner with three rows rather than two. I then added my sentiment. I offset the green banners behind the white one.

I added a few of the cute reindeer from Mama Elephant's Little Reindeer Agenda stamp set to decorate the card.

To finish off the front I added white Nuvo Drops randomly over the background.


For the inside of the card I used the left over piece of the background I created to the left side of the card. I have one more 6 x 6 piece of the background exactly the same as this one which I hope to use on something in the future.

I added a sentiment to the white panel and added another one of the reindeers above the sentiment.


Stamps: Christmas Turnabout - Concord & 9th;  Little Reindeer Agenda - Mama Elephant; Jolly Sentiments - Kaisercraft
Paper: White; Red; Pink
Dies: Banner - Concord & 9th; Mod Rectangles - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Twisted Citron; Lucky Clover; Abandoned Coral & Candied Apple Distress Oxide; VersaMark Ink; White Embossing Powder; MISTI; White Nuvo Drops; Black Glaze Pen; Foam Tape; Copics




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - love your stamped & embossed background.