Thursday, December 7, 2017

Joy to the World


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Maryann Einam.

Who doesn't love singing Christmas Carols at this time of year. For our challenge this week, take you inspiration from any Christmas Carol.

There are a few Christmas this card would work with including "Joy to the World"; "Silent Night" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" come to mind looking at the card. I will go with the sentiment at the top left side of the card .... "Joy to the World"

A few months ago I purchased a couple of the 3D Embossing Folders from Crafter's Companion, I have used two of them already the third a Christmas one has been sitting on my desk in a place I almost forgot about it until I spied it the other day, so grabbed it out so I could make something with it.  I just love the detail in these embossing folders.


For this one I decided to make an Easel Card as it has been a while since I have made one.

After embossing the Silent Night Embossing Folder onto Navy cardstock, I applied Silver Rub Ons all over the raised images. Along the bottom border I added some Midnight Blue Nuvo Drops.


On the base of the card I added a couple of flourishes and sentiment which are all Hot Foil Stamps and I used Silver Mirror Foil on them all. I also added a sentiment to the top left hand corner of my card which is another Hot Foil Stamp.


Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Hot Foil Stamps: Peace on Earth - Couture Creations/Anna Griffin; Joy to the World - Ultimate Crafts; Flourished Corner - Couture Creations/Lincraft
Paper: Navy; Silver
Other: Silent Night 3D Embossing Folder - Crafters Companion; Metallic Rub Ons; Nuvo Midnight Blue Gloss Crystal Drops; Silver Mirror Foil; Foam Tape











7 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I have not heard of this company before but I will be seeking them out!! What a gorgeous embossed design, Frances!! Your card is divine!!

Liz Williams said...

I am in total awe of this beautiful card of the nativity. Love the silver and navy and your elements for the rest of this wonderful easel card is creatively selected.

Vicky Gould said...

Wow, wow and WOW! Gorgeous! Fantastic! Great folder; great colors! Did I say WOW!

Lois said...

This card is absolutely beautiful, Frances! What a marvelous embossing folder!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

The silver rub ons are gorgeous on the navy card, Frances!!

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - this is stunning. Amazing make with an embossing folder!

jojot said...

wow....this is so elegant