Thursday, December 14, 2017

This the Season to be Jolly


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  Our challenge hostess for the month, Maryann Einam continues to issue the challenges.

This is our last challenge for 2017, so everyone can enjoy spending time with family and friends over the Christmas Season. But we will be back in January for more challenges.

Let's keep things simple for our final challenge for the year. Use your favorite holiday stamps to create a card.

I am not sure whether any of these stamps are my "favorite" as such ... I have too many stamps I love including many of the new Christmas ones I purchased this year. I probably went a little crazy, so I am trying to use as many as I can before Christmas.

For my card today I wanted to use this cute Santa PopCard stamp set from Art Impressions/Hampton Arts, I got a couple of the bigger sets earlier in the year and when I had the opportunity to get this one at a reasonable price I jumped at it. 

Normally you use the PopCard stamps on the inside of a card so they become a "pop up" card. I wanted to try something different this time around, so decided to create an accordion card that has the pop up piece on the last page of the accordion. I am more than happy with how it turned out.


Here is a short video showing my card in action. 

I added snow to each page and sentiments to the middle and last pages of my accordion card.


On the front page of my accordion card which what you first see when the card is closed. I add the Hero Arts North Pole Sign. I also added 3 tiny reindeers playing around the sign, these are probably reindeers in training to help fly Santa's sleigh in the future.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi




Stamps: Santa PopCards - Art Impressions/Hampton Arts; North Pole Signs - Hero Arts; Little Reindeer Agenda; Puffy Holiday Greetings - Mama Elephant; To Be Jolly - Couture Creations
Paper: White; Red; Knit Picky 6 x 6 Paper Pack - Lawn Fawn
Dies: Santa PopCards - Art Impressions/Hampton Arts; North Pole Signs - Hero Arts; Stitched Hillside Borders - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics


8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Pure joy popping from this fabulous holiday creation, Frances!! Amazing work!

Vicky Gould said...

What a fun, fat happy Santa. What a jolly Christmas card. Love it! Have a very Merry Christmas, Frances!

jojot said...

can never go wrong with a fab Santa

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Such a fun Santa, and wonderful accordian, Frances! Merry and Happy. See you next year!

MiamiKel said...

Now this is just the cutest, Frances! Love the fun fold and the cute reindeer! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Lois said...

Such a fun card with your pop-up Santa! I love it!!! Merry Christmas to you!

Karen Aicken said...

So fun!! Great way to make a different card fold for this type of Pop-Up.

Liz Williams said...

Frances, I love your adorable card pointing out all the fun places one might find at the Horth Pole. Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend.