Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 2017 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge



Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our December Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

This month the theme for our challenge is ...."TREES, PLEASE!" - incorporate a tree (any tree) for a card with a winter/holiday theme.


As Christmas is only a few weeks away I decided to use the Christmas Tree Pop-up die set to create my card. 

The red and white side panels were created using a Simon Says Stamp background stamp which I stamped in red. I used gold gilding flakes for the thin strip of card, the gold ornaments on the tree and the gold layer on the sentiment panel.

Along the bottom edge of the card I used the snow edge from the Nature Edges die set, covering them with glitter. I added the penguin from the Winter Animals die set, and a tree from the Winter Charms die set to the lower left hand side of my card.

On the lower right hand side I added the sleigh from the Sleigh Pop-up die set which is covered in red and gold glitter.

 I used the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the Word Set 2 - Holiday Greetings die set which has been layered onto the label from the Katherine Label Pop-up die set.


For the front of the card I used the striped background again. 

Along the bottom edge I added another snow edge which is covered in glitter.

I added another sleigh this time with the penguin inside the sleigh rather than beside it.

The sentiment is another from the Word Set 2 - Holiday Sentiments again layered using the label from the Katherine Label Pop-up die set. This time around I cut off the top edge level with the top of the card.


Here you can see my card as it is closing, the Christmas tree folds towards the front and cannot be seen when the card is closed.

Don't forget to visit Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Supplies:




Other:

Diagonal Stripes Background Stamp - Simon Says Stamp
Cardstock - White; Black; Red; Green; Orange
Radiant Gold Nuvo Gilding Flakes
Foam Tape
Copics
White Gel Pen



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Great card - perfect for the challenge. Love that you created your own background paper too!

jojot said...

loving your center pop up cards.....wow