Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Cracker Box


Hi Crafty Friends,

A few weeks ago while browsing in an online store, I discovered that Tonic Studios had a Christmas Cracker Treat Box die set,  so that you could make Christmas Crackers. I have been making my own Christmas Crackers since before my kids were born which is over 40 years ago, so I was very interested in this set, it has so many different decorator dies included in the set that it will keep me busy with Christmas crackers for quite a few years to come 😀.

Once I received the die I decided to browse to see what ideas were around using this set and came across a YouTube video Tonic did a few months back, showing how to create what they call a 'luxury" box using one of the main dies included in the set. You can find the video here (tip if you try to watch this video it stops half way through the directions on how to make the box as they were having recording problems ... check the first comment on that page which will take you to the second half of the instructions). 


I don't know about you, but I always love when you can find another use other than what it was intended for a product that we buy.

To make this box you also need an hexagonal die set, I thought for a while I might need to order the Tonic Studios version, but after checking my stash I found that the MFT Stamps set I have had for years worked perfectly.

I decorated the sides of the box using the star decorative overlays included in the die set.


This photo shows the box with the lid removed from the top of the box so you can see inside (nothing in it as yet). I created the lid by layering two hexagonal die cut pieces and then adhered a couple of beads to the centre for the handle. I discovered I had the perfect color beads in my stash to match the colors of the box.

To finish off the box I tied a piece of black sheer ribbon around the middle.

I am looking forward to creating my Christmas Crackers using this die set soon which I will share later.

Dies: Dimensions Treat Box Christmas Cracker Die Set - Tonic Studios; Hexagon Stax - MFT Stamps
Paper: Pink; Black
Other: Beads; Black Sheer Ribbon; Adhesive