Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Candy Cane Wishes & Gingerbread Hugs

 

Hi Crafty Friends, 

Today I am sharing a Christmas themed Gatefold Shutter Card using stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn.

I have been wanting to create this style of card for some time now using the new Lawn Fawn Christmas themed stamps and dies I purchased back in August, but with everything else I have been doing this year it kept getting put on the back burner. So I am so happy to finally get something made using a number of the different stamp & die sets.

To create the background on my card, I started with a blue card base. I then used Broken China & Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks to blend color around all the various panels of this card. Next I splattered white paint and Liquid Stardust over each of the panels.


For the front of the card I used the Build A House and Build A House Gingerbread Add On die sets to create the gingerbread house and gingerbread men. The house was layered onto an oval which had been colored the same as the other panels on the card. 

I added white glitter cardstock to the bottom of the card and bottom of the oval using the Stitched Hillside Borders die set to die cut the hills.


The oval was attached to a blue belly band which helps keep the card closed.


Here you can see the front of my card with the belly band removed, ready to start opening the card.


Here the card is partially opened, starting to reveal the image which is hidden behind the shutter.


Finally the full reveal ... I used the Shutter Card Snow Globe Add On to add the snow glove to the centre portion of the card. I used MFT Stamps Shutter Card Components to create the shutter card, I didn't think I needed another shutter card die set in my stash so I didn't buy the Lawn Fawn one. The opening in MFT's die set is slightly larger than the snow globe opening, so I just used a circle die about the same size to die cut the opening.

I added snow to the bottom of the card again, using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders die set. I added the stamped images using three different Lawn Fawn Stamp sets ... Snow Globe Scenes; Tiny Gingerbread & A Creature was Stirring stamp sets.

To  finish off the card I added an older Penny Black sentiment which worked with the theme of the card.
 















2 comments:

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Frances! This card is a masterpiece! I love everything about it - the color palette, all of the detailed pieces and the gatefold shutter component is wonderful! nice job on this one!
Rachelle : )

Karen Aicken said...

I love Shutter cards - this one is magical!