Saturday, December 5, 2020

O Little Town of Bethlehem

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is ME!

A Blue Christmas ... take inspiration from the song that Elvis used to sing and create a Christmas card which includes the color blue in it. Don’t celebrate Christmas … just make a card that includes blue.


For my card today I have another Slimline Sliding Window Pop-up Card using Trinity Stamps Slimline Surprises die set. To decorate the card I used a new Slimline stamp set from Woodware Stamps called Peaceful Nights.


I gold embossed the Peaceful Nights image onto blue cardstock and then layered this onto gold and then blue cardstock, so that when the image is pop-up by pulling the slider you can see both colors behind the image.

I used a sentiment from an older Papertrey Ink's Instant Photo: Holiday stamp set which is also gold embossed.


Here is a side view of my card when the sliding has been pulled up. here you can see the gold embossed sentiment in the front and also one at the top of the slider.

I used gold ribbon and blue cord to the top of the slider panel, this makes it easier to hold on to the panel when you want to pull it open.


I kept this card as a flat card rather than adding it to a folded card, this way the recipient is encouraged to display it in the open position. I added rectangle panels from Trinity Stamps Slimline Stitched Panels and Windows die set. 

I added a Christmas sentiment from Divinity Designs Christmas Wishes stamp set to the white panel. While these sentiments weren't designed for Slimline cards, being longer than normal sentiments they are perfect sentiments to fit on a Slimline card.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.







Instant Photo - Holiday Stamp Set - Papertrey Ink (discontinued)
Season's Gifts Stamp Set - Penny Black (discontinued)





3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Beautiful card

eunice said...

Elegant and beautiful with the gold embossing on blue!

Bevie Pooh said...

I hope you can help me. I am looking to buy the stamp "O Little Town of Bethlehem" So far, I have had not success in finding were to buy the stamp. Can you help?
Thank you,
Many Blessings, Bev