Monday, December 26, 2022

Angel Christmas Crackers


Hi Crafty Friends,

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day yesterday!

Each year for about forty-five years or so I have been creating my own Christmas crackers to use on Christmas Day. Over the years I have created many styles of crackers, included round crackers using formers and square crackers using score boards, dies etc. For the past couple of years, I cheated by buying store bought crackers and decorating them. This year I was excited to create my crackers all from scratch again.



A few months ago, I found a die by John Next Door which creates what he calls a Proper Cracker ... that is one that is round like those above. I agree with him these are the proper or traditional style of cracker. I have never seen a die to create this style so after watching a few videos about the die, I decided to order one. I am glad I did, these have to be the easiest crackers I have made from scratch and they turned out better than I could have hoped. John Next Door also had a coordinating die set so you could make a Christmas hat and die cut a riddle to add to the crackers. I have always made my hats by hand, so it was great to finally have a die for them.


To create the crackers this year I used Craft Artist Ombre Glitter Card, it is available in A4 and 12 x 12 sizes. There are a variety of colours available in the pack, but I stuck with the pink for the girls and green for the boys.


To decorate my crackers, I decided to used Creative Craft Products Honeycomb Christmas die set, which is this adorable Angel with honeycomb paper in the front. Normally I would add hook and loop to the honeycomb, so I could close it when needed, but due to the width of the dress, I decided against it.


As I also like to include gifts in the crackers to suit the individual, I always need a way to know who should get what cracker. This year I just changed the colour of the hair of the angel.





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

That is the perfect die set for you - love your Christmas Crackers