Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Rockin' Christmas Tree


 Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to my blog, today I am sharing a Christmas themed Slimline Card I created recently. I promise I will soon be finished sharing Christmas cards, but I left my run a little later than was expected.

I wanted to play with this cute stamp set from Whimsy Stamps Rockin' Christmas Tree Stamp set that I purchased either late last year or early this year knowing I wouldn't be using it until this years Christmas cards were made. 



I have been wanting to make a Diamond Z-Fold Card for a long time now (and I still have made the standard sized one). My friend Karen Aicken created a tutorial on a Slimline version of this style of card a few months back and I have finally got a Slimline version done. You can see Karen's tutorial here

No dies are needed to create this style of card, although you could using square dies for all the layered diamonds that are on this card if you wanted to.


When you open the card fully, you can see the sentiment diamond in the inside of the card, which is attached to a block pop up using the same paper as I used for the layers.

I also added a pile of presents to the lower right corner which were left over from making cards using Sam Calcott's Made To Surprise kit from the Papercrafts Essentials Magazine.


I added a panel on the back of my card for a personal message and stamped sentiment, but you could also add the message block on the inside of the card as Karen did on her tutorial.

Other Supplies:

Handwritten Holidays 2 Stamp Set - Stampers Anonymous / Tim Holtz (retired)





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Glad you could finally make one - love your card.