Thursday, December 29, 2022

Silhouette Ornament


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing my last two Christmas cards I created recently for 2022. I wanted to use   the stencils included in the Papercraft Society Box 37 designed by Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott.



For my first card, I used the large ornament stencil included in the kit to created the ornament. After blending on the ink and stamping the images I then used a circle die to die cut the ornament. The images used on this ornament are from an older Stampers Anonymous / Tim Holtz STAMPteber 2017 stamp set. I die cut the ornament topper also included in the kit and added it to the top of my circle ornament.

For the background of my card, I used Spellbinders Argyle Embossing Folder, embossing a panel of white cardstock. This was layered onto blue and then a side folding white slimline card.

I used Memory Box's Pine Needle Border to add the border along the top of the card. I then added the ornament just below centre.

At the bottom of the ornament, I added a sentiment using Waffle Flower Crafts Merry Christmas Duo set.

Finally I added a strip of gold cardstock and a bow to join the ornament to the pine needle border.


For the inside of the card, I stamped a few more of the images that I used on the front of my card.

For the sentiment, I used another older Stampers Anonymous / Tim Holtz stamp set called Handwritten Holidays 2.



For my second card, I used the light bulb stencil included in the kit. I used Catherine Pooler inks to colour the light bulbs, masking the various areas as I went so that I wouldn't get too much colour in the wrong places. 

My card is a 5 x 7 top folding card. After I had added the colour to the light bulbs, I carefully blended red ink around the edge of the card before layering onto my card base.

I added the "Merry Christmas" sentiment to the centre of the card, white embossing the sentiment onto red cardstock this time.

To finish off the card I added glossy accents to each of the light bulbs. 

Other Supplies:
Pine Needle Border Die - Memory Box (retired)
STAMPtember 2017 Stamp set - Stampers Anonymous / Tim Holtz (retired)
Handwritten Holidays 2 Stamp set -  Stampers Anonymous / Tim Holtz (retired)