Friday, December 23, 2022

Santa Slimline


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's not long now, until Santa comes to visit! Today I am sharing a Christmas themed Slimline card I created recently.

For my card today, I pulled out Honey Bee Stamps St. Nick stamp set, I just love this jolly Santa image!!! After I had stamped, coloured and cut out the image I decided to see if it would fit onto a Slimline card. I needed to make my Slimline card 4 inches wide to allow for the width of the image, but I did keep the length of the card to 8 1/2 inches. I card a panel of blue cardstock and embossed it using Spellbinders Argyle Socks Embossing Folder.  I then splattered the blue panel with white paint before adhering to a side fold slimline card.

For my sentiment I used an older Sizzix sentiment ... Retro Merry Christmas, I just love this sentiment and have spent ages looking for it this past month or so. I finally found it in one of the containers that holds my Christmas supplies, a container I had searched through many times in the past ... arghhh! I am just glad I found it and will make sure it goes back with the Christmas sentiment dies this time.

I also added the stamped sentiment using part of a sentiment from the St. Nick stamp set. The silver star is part of a die set that I used on the inside of my card, but I thought worked well above the sentiment.


For the inside of my card, I used MFT Stamps Ho Ho Ho Die-namics set. I die cut the letters from red and holographic cardstock and then layered together, offsetting the red over the holographic card.

I then added another of the sentiments from the St. Nick stamp set.

Other Supplies:
Retro Merry Christmas Die Set - Sizzix/Tim Holtz (retired)






 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - glad you found that stamp as it's perfect for your card.