Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Santa Card and Gift Card Holder

 



I know Christmas is over, however I still have a couple more Christmas cards to share with you that I created this year ... I am slowly getting through them all.

I needed a Gift Card Holder to go with a gift card I had purchased for someone, after seeing Fran Sabad's Slider Box Gift Card Holder on Karen Burniston's Slider Box Tutorial Video I decided to create something similar.

As I had already written out all my cards, I had to check what card I had written on for the recipient of the gift card holder. I discovered it was this Santa Accordion Card that I made two years ago. You can see the full details of the accordion card in my blog post here


So my next step was to create a Slider Box and decorate it so it matched the accordion card. So I assembled the Slider Box using white cardstock and then decorated it with a blue patterned paper I found in my stash.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


To decorate the top of the box I used the decorative rectangle die included in the Slider Box die set. I spattered white paint over the aqua panel and then used the Long Nature Edges die set to die cut the snow border with trees. I again used the decorative rectangle die to die cut this piece so that the edges all had the same design on it.

I then added the Santa & presents using the Santa & Gnome die set.

I again used a Lawn Fawn Stamp set to add the "Ho Ho Ho" to the top of the rectangle.

You can see by the photo above the slider box is partially open and reveals some snowflakes and a gift card,


When you pull out the drawer of the box the snowflakes come flying out and the gift card pops upright. This is because I added a Bam Box using the Bam Box die set to the front of the inside of the drawer and I attached the gift card to that. I think there are so many ways to use the Bam Box dies.


Here is one last look at the gift card holder ... I have stood the outer portion of the Slider Box upright so you can see the scene a little better.

I also added a little tag with Merry Christmas stamped on it, using the labels from the Fancy Labels Accordion Card die set.








2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - love that you were able to coordinate it with the card.

Mona said...

great idea for a gift card