Thursday, December 15, 2022

Santa Flip Card

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have another Christmas card to share today using the images and papers from the Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott's card kit included in the Papercraft Essentials Magazine #217. 

For this card I created a 5 x 7 Flip card using the Made to Surprise 5 x 7 Fabulous Flip Card die set. To create the frame around each of the openings, I die cut the large frame again from green cardstock and then trimmed it down so it had a narrow border.

I die cut the flip mechanism pieces from holographic cardstock.


For the sentiment I used an older Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz stamp set called Handwritten Holidays 2.

I adhered the flip card onto a top folding white card that measures 5 inches x 7 inches. I cut a strip of cardstock that measures 3 inches x 7 inches. I scored along the 3 inch side at 1/2 inch; 1 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 inches and then folded to create an "M" shape.I adhered this piece to the bottom of the inside of the card to turn it into a tent style card. This makes it easier to display.


When you pull the arrow, the front of the card flips to reveal the other side of each panel and a sentiment on the inside.


I added the elf and present image, both of which are also included in the Magazine card kit. The stamped sentiment is another older one from Kaisercraft.

I added the "Ho Ho Ho" using alphabet dies from Karen Burniston.


Seeing the card doesn't open, because I turned it into a tent card, I added a few panels to the back so that I could add a sentiment and hand written greeting.

The "Oh So Merry" sentiment is from Mama Elephant's The Penguins Waddle die set. I added the stamped sentiment above, using Lawn Fawn's Reveal Wheel Holiday Sentiments stamp set.

To finish off the back of the card, I added some holly also from the Magazine card kit.



Other Supplies:
Made to Surprise Card Kit - Papercraft Essentials #217
Handwritten Holiday 2 Stamp Set - Stamper's Anonymous/Tim Holtz (discontinued)
Sentiments Jolly Stamp Set - Kaisercraft (discontinued)







1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Looks like such a fun die set. Cute card!