Thursday, December 8, 2022

Most Wonderful Time of the Year



Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Maryann Einam our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenge.

Today is our final challenge for 2022 and also for all time. After over 15 years the time has come to say goodbye to CCEE Stampers. Over the years we have had some amazing card makers participate in the weekly challenges. It is a little sad to say goodbye to this one as for me I was one of the foundation members who started this challenge with a group of 8 people over on Splitcoast Stampers. Thank you to all of you who have supported us over the years.

Maryann tells us that it is countdown time until the end of the year, make a card using a clock, stopwatch or just numbers to end the year.


As I am trying to focus on mostly Christmas cards for the month of December, I knew I wanted my card to be a Christmas theme. I did think about using a clock in someway, but when I started thinking about the challenge I remembered the Hourglass Cards I made last year using the Hourglass die set from The Greetery. The Hourglass is a form of telling time which goes back to the 14th century.

I used the Hourglass Frame dies and insert dies along with the two coordinating die sets Christmas Time in the City and Christmas Time in the Country to create the scene at the bottom of the hourglass. 

I found the sentiment in my Christmas stash, which was a free thank you gift from The Greetery, which worked perfectly for this challenge. 

To finish my night time scene, I added Santa in his sleigh to the sky. This stamp is from Lawn Fawn's Winter Skies stamp set.


As you can see, I created a shaker card by die cutting the hourglass insert 5 times to create the well for the shaker elements. I was careful not to put too much inside the shaker part as I didn't want the image covered up at all.


For the inside of my card, I added a sentiment using one of the sentiments included in the Honey Bee Stamps St Nick stamp set. I also added the tiny Santa image, using Mama Elephant's Little Santa Agenda stamp set.

I added the Hourglass stand to the inside of my card this time around for a different look.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

4 comments:

Lois said...

That hourglass was perfect for the challenge! I love your card. I'm going to miss our Thursday CCEE challenges. I've so enjoyed doing them.

Liz Williams said...

This shaker card is an excellent time piece to represent in this our final offerings for CCEE.
Your work was always inspiring, delighted my soul, and brought happiness in their clever and creative messages to many. You are an incredible artist, super time manager it seems, and such a joy to work alongside of in this weekly endeavor. I will love seeing your creations over on Divine Designs and any other places you share your beautiful talents. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and an especially wonderful 2023.

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome holiday card you have fit into this wonderful hourglass design!! Such beautiful work.

Thank you for your years of amazing cards and your devotion to keeping this group on track and crafting, Frances There have been weeks in recent months where I would not have even gotten into my craft room, had it not been for the CCEE Challenge. I was so thankful to get a break from day to day stresses to put my hands on my ink and paper!!

I will continue to enjoy your remarkable designs here, Facebook, and Instagram. I will share some of my designs on Slimline Addicts whenever I get the chance!

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect Christmas card!