Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC December 2022 Release Blog Hop

 

Hi Crafty Friends,
Welcome to our Karen Burniston Products - KB Riley LLC December Release Blog Hop. The Design Team have come together with Karen today for a fun blog hop to celebrate the release of 11 new dies. Sneak peeks of the new release started last week, and the dies are available to order NOW!


This release includes:
  • 2 new charm die sets
  • 1 new stand alone die set
  • 2 new Tiny House Add-Ons sets
  • 2 new Pop-up die sets
  • 1 new Woven Box Basket die set
  • 2 new Crosshatch die sets
  • 1 new Box die set
Dies are available to order now on the website.
GIVEAWAY:
To celebrate the release Karen Burniston and each of the Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC Design Team members will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to some lucky person who comments on our blog posts, so make sure you join the hop and comment on everyone's blog post. Winners will be randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received on our blog posts by Monday, 19th December 2022. Lots of chances to win some goodies, so just leave a comment on this post or any other blog hop posts to enter! Don't forget to leave some way for us to contact you, in case you are a lucky winner!


My card today uses three of the new die sets being released ... Dog Tiny House Add-Ons; Bam Box Pop-up and Hexagon - Crosshatch die sets.

I have created a Slimline Card with a 3/4 Front. To create my card I cut two pieces of red cardstock for the base. The back measures 3 5/8 inches x 8 5/8 inches. The front is 3 5/8 inches x 6 inches, I then scored along the long side of this panel at 1/2 inch to adhere this panel to the back panel. Once I had the base of my card all done, I was then able to add my layers. As this is a Christmas card, I decided to bling it up a little by adding holographic card for the layer under the patterned papers.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.



For the dog house I used the new Dog Tiny House Add-On die set with the Tiny House Pop-up die set. The new add on set comes with the walls for the dog house, a dog, bones, a paw print, a ball, collar and a dog. The walls and paw print have the stamp feature on them which means you can ink up the die to add the colour as you die cut.

Although this die set does come with a dog, as I had to make a pug themed Christmas card for my daughter to give to her vet, I decided to use pugs on this card. The pugs in this set are from an older Clearly Besotted Bah Hum-Pug! stamp set and as there were already a few pugs stamps, cut and coloured in the back of the stamp set and went with three of those. 


For the two pugs not attached to the dog house, I used the pop-up included in the new Bam Box Pop-up die set to pop them up. When my card is. closed the two pugs adhered to the Bam Boxes are on top of each other adding bulk to that area, next time I make this type of card I will make sure that I adhere them in different positions. The Bam Box folds flat for closing and pops up when you open the card.

I used the two of the labels included in the Bam Box Pop-up die set to add the two labels on the inside of the card. One has a stamped sentiment from an older pug themed stamp set, the other is blank for the sender to write a personal message.


As this card has three pop ups and is a little bulky, I needed a way to keep the card closed when needed. So I created a belly band. I used the new Hexagons -  Crosshatch die set for the layering panels and then added a pug image using Crafter's Companion's Bah! 
Humbug! stamp set.


Here is one last look at my card when it is open with the belly band sitting on the right side of the card.

Well that's about it from me today, thank you for dropping by. To continue on the blog hop, click on the next person on the list, which is  Nicky Foden


Here is the complete blog hop list in case you need it.


Blog Hop List:


Karen Burniston

Lois Bak

Sue Small-Krieder

Karen Aicken

Jennifer Webster

Frances Byrne. <<<< YOU ARE HERE >>>>

Nicky Foden

Sandy Diller

Suzanne Smit

Fran Sabad










28 comments:

Sue SK said...

Love the Merry Pugmas! Great card Frances:)

Sue S said...

Cute card! Can’t wait to get my dog house add ons! Thanks for the inspiration.
Sue Stutzman
esbjstutz@aol.com

~ Kendra ~ said...

So sweet!!

jksand2001(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kay said...

I like that it is a slimline card. Very cute.

Shelly S. said...

So sweet! I love your card!

Unknown said...

The doghouse set will be great for all dog lovers!
CBu

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Super adorable pug Bam pop up Dog house!! Those little pugs are so stinkin' adorable!! Merry Pug-mas to you too!!

Tami said...

What a fabulous card! I love all the details. The pug is absolutely adorable. I love how you used to many pop-ups. I love the layer of holographic paper. It is a fabulous card! Thank you for shyaring it!

Debie037 said...

The dog house had convinced me that I need the tiny house dies!

lynnl said...

Too cute! Love the dog themed card using the new Dog Tiny House Add-Ons; Bam Box Pop-up and Hexagon - Crosshatch die sets.

Brenda said...

Your card pulls at the strings in my heart. I loss my fur baby back in Oct. I miss him so much. Great card by the way.

MadeByMeghanK said...

DOG MOM here! I LOVE this cute pug card! Great pop ups!!!!!!!! meghan.kennihan@gmail.com

S@ndy Diller said...

Merry Pugmas to you - great card!
Hugs, Sandy

Cindy Manott said...

Such a fun card for dog families! And I love the use of the bam boxes.

annemarie said...

So gorgeous

Humbelle said...

What an adorable card. I can't wait!!

MissCiss said...

Awe I love this add on and your card is fabulous l! - misscd24@msn.com

Ellen C said...

So adorable and cute.

DPotter said...

Pugs! Love it

Anita Knepprath said...

I love the shiny paper! Really makes it pop! Great creation.

Shonda said...

Love how bright and Merry this card it. The details just make you smile. Great job.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Adorable dog house!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the cute pups and the adorable doghouse! Very fun card!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

Sheila R said...

This is one dog house I wouldn't mind being in...soooo cute

Gail said...

the Pug dog house slim line card is over the moon super duper fabulous - always something nice to view here and get inspired by Frances - thanks for sharing you art! Gail Jean Scott utb01@att.net

Vivian C. said...

Super fun card! Those holiday pugs are too cute. Thanks for the tip about positioning the bam boxes. vrc(at)prodigy(dot)net

Valerie Kranhold said...

Such a cute card!

Dotsy said...

Great card. pugmas….too cute!