Thursday, December 1, 2022

Oh Christmas Tree

 Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As it's a brand new month, it's time to introduce our challenge hostess which is Maryann Einam.

For our challenge this week Maryann reminds us that ... The first of the month means that Christmas is not far away. Need some more cards for your stash, create a Christmas card in any style.


For my card today I pulled out a Studio Light die set called Christmas Tree Folding Card. Instead of doing a simple gatefold card using this die set, I was inspired by Corrine Reijngoudt, who used this die set a few months ago to create a Triple Christmas Tree Card by die cutting the main die three times instead of once. You can see Corrine's YouTube tutorial here.


I decorated each of the panels of the card using Holographic card and patterned paper from Crafter's Companion's Frosty & Bright 12 x 12 Paper Pad.

I added a star to the top of the tree using the smallest star included in Creative Craft Products Perfectly Flips - Star die set.


Here you can see all three of the panels a little better, when I squashed the card flat. As you can see, I also added some gnomes to my tree using Mama Elephant's Little Gnome Agenda stamp set.


For the back of the card, I added a white panel in the centre. This is a place to add a greeting and be able to write a personal message.

I added another gnome and a sentiment from Waffle Flower Craft's Merry Christmas Duo stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

















4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is SO cool

Lynn McAuley said...

Love your fun troop of gnomes peeking out from this remarkable Christmas tree!! How awesome, Frances!!

Lois said...

That is such a cool card, Frances!

Liz Williams said...

Frances, You have created such a fabulous card that will stand out in anyone's collection of cards. This is awesome!!!