Tuesday, December 6, 2022

December 2022 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends, 


Welcome to our December Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ...  "FIREPLACE DIE THROUGH THE YEAR" - you signed up for a month to represent with a card using the Fireplace Pop-up matching the theme of that month.

As you might be able to guess from the photo of my card, I have December which of course is Christmas!

Sneak peeks for the new December release have also started, so I have used two of the new dies on my card today .. I will talk more about them later.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.



I have used the fireplace pop-up die on a few different formats of card sizes so far ... Slimline; square and today I have created a 5 x 7 inch card. I am really enjoying this larger format card, like the Slimline it gives you extra room to create whatever you wish on it.

As well as the Fireplace pop-up, I also used the Fireplace Extras 1 and Fireplace Extras 2 to add the various details to my fireplace and scene. I positioned the fireplace to the left of my card to give me room for other things.

I couldn't do a Christmas scene without adding a Christmas tree, this time around I used the Christmas Tree Pop-up die set, using one of the larger trees in the set to die cut three trees. I then layered them up trimming as need to make a taller tree. I wanted the tree to be higher than my fireplace. This tree does have a few notches on it to create the 3D tree it was designed for, but I covered those up using baubles that I die cut using red mirror card. I also added a star to the top of the tree, making sure the star was enclosed in the card when the card is closed.


One of the new die sets being release next week is the Hexagons -  Crosshatch die set ... a great addition to the Crosshatch collection. I used two of the dies included in the set to create the rug in front of the fire. I also used this as a place to stamp a Christmas sentiment.



Another of the new dies included in this newest release is the Bam Box Pop-up. This is such a fun new die set and there are so many different ways this can be used, I am sure it will become a much loved favourite. I used the Bam Box Pop-up on this card to pop my girl up.I postitioned her on an angle and closer to the front, to give her enough room to fold down when closing the card. For the girl and the surrounding wrapping paper, I used two older stamp sets from Essentials by Ellen.

I also used the Gift Pivot Panels to die cut some presents to put under the tree and one beside the girl.



The focus of this card is on the inside, so I kept the front of my card fairly simple. I added the snowflake background using the Snowflake Pattern Plate die, die cutting it twice from white cardstock. I also created a white frame to go around the edge of the card.

I used the Hexagon - Crosshatch die set again to add the green panel to the centre of my card. I then added the sentiment using the Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas Shadow die sets.



Other Supplies:
Christmas Sentiment Stamp Set - Couture Creations (discontinued)





2 comments:

Belinda said...

This card is very cute. Love how you put the girl in front.

Gail said...

Merry Merry Christmas! Lovely fireplace and love that gal there sitting in front of the fireplace! Have a blessed week!