Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Surprise!


Today I am excited to be able to share a project I created using some of Karen Burniston's new die sets which will be released next Monday 5th December. There will be 11 new die sets that will be released on this day.


I guess this isn't really a card, but it is something to give to someone instead of a card and can be lots of fun. I used two of the new die sets from the upcoming release to create this ... the first is the Slider Box die set, which will be something that can be used for all sorts of things.

I decorated the front of the using Santa that I created using the previously released Gnome and Santa die set.


The fun bit starts when you open the slider box ... just what is that inside the box????


Here is a quick video to see my card in action. 

Isn't this lots of fun!!!! I have added some snowflakes to mine to fly out along with the surprise cubes and also added a tiny card at the base of the box.


I used the new Surprise Cube Pop-up die set to create three of the cubes, that flatten out and fit into the box. This is what flies out when the box is opened. As mine is a Christmas theme, I decorated mine using the snowflake from the Holidays Charms die set. I die cut my snowflakes from white glitter cardstock and then added a red glitter dot to the centre of each snowflakes.


Here is the front of my card, it's tiny as it needs to fit into the box 2 1/2 inches x 4 1/2 inches. I used the square dies included in the Surprise Cube Pop-up die set to add the square panels to the front of the card. I have again used the snowflakes.



And the inside of my card. This time I used a rectangle die from the Slider Box die set for the white rectangle that I used to stamp my sentiment.