Saturday, December 24, 2022

Snowman's Hat


Hi Crafty Friends,

Well it's Christmas Eve and today I am sharing a Christmas decoration I created using stamps and dies from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott.

Last month a shared a 3D Coffee Cup card that I created using the Made To Surprise 3D Delight Pop Up Mechanism set. Today I am sharing another item using this time a 3D Snowman Hat. I have created this one so it is free standing, but I could have made it fold or add it to the inside of a card if I wanted to. As I knew I was using this as a Christmas decoration, I kept it free standing. I am much happy with this one than I was after I had made the coffee cup, discovering someone who sold Collall Glue or Construction Glue definitely helped with that. That glue definitely gives whatever you are making extra strength which is needed for this type of project.


After I had assembled the hat, it was time to decorate it. I used the Snowman & Elf Digital Stamp set from Made to Surprise to create the snowman. As I was using a digital stamp, I was able to flip the image so I could use it to back the snowman at the top of the hat. I also added snowballs at the bottom of the snowman using digital stamps from the Scene Builder Digital Stamp set.

I used the Ditsy Embossing Folder to add texture to the hat.


For the snowflake on the hat band, I used silver glitter card and snowflake dies from the Sasha Read Papercraft Society Box from September. I added the "Merry Christmas" to the centre of the snowflake using Waffle Flowers Craft Merry Christmas Duo stamp set. I layered the sentiment using the Circles Sentiments die set.