Monday, December 5, 2022

It's Penguining To Look A Lot Like Christmas

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun Christmas themed card and treat box that I created recently. I just love this cute penguin, which is one of Creative Craft Products Honeycomb Collection. I picked this up from Craftstash a couple of months ago, but as it is from last years release it is no longer available. There are a number of other honeycomb dies that are available either with a Christmas theme or a generic theme. I just glad I managed to get hold of it, as this is an image that could be used all year around.


In the photos above you can see how the honeycomb portion of the card and treat box is attached to one half of the penguins belly using hook and loop tape, this allows for easier postage and/or storage of the finished items without squashing the honeycomb.


For my card I used one of the Easy Fold dies from Creative Craft Products, this is the Hexagon fold die set from that collection. As I used red and green waterfall glitter cardstock on the penguins, I decided to also use it for the layers of my card to tie the green on the penguin to my card. I just love the unusual texture of the glitter cardstock and I will definitely be getting more. As I didn't want to waste the glitter, I die cut a hole in the centre of each of the layers, so I can use those for something else.


As the main focus of this card is the penguin, I decided to pull out a penguin themed Christmas sentiment. This one is from Mama Elephant from their Cool Penguins stamp set. 


I kept the inside of my card fairly simple, adding a strip of the same patterned paper I used on the front to the right side of the card. This can be seen when the card is closed.

The sentiment is from Honey Bee Stamps St Nick stamp set, and I added the cute penguin in a box which is also from the Mama Elephant Cool Penguins stamp set.


A few months ago, when Creative Craft Products released their 2022 Christmas Honeycomb Collection, Sam Calcott also feature the penguin creating a cute little gift box to hold a treat or small gift. As I love the idea, I decided to create one using my penguin die.

I also used White Fluffy Stuff Cosmic Shimmer to the bobble on the penguins hat for both the box and card.  It gives it a puffy look.


Here is a side view of my treat box, the penguin on the back is just plain with the box sandwiched between each of the penguins. In the photo above, you can see that I have the lid of the box open, so you can see how it opens, so the treats don't fall out.


Other Supplies:

Honeycomb Christmas Penguin - Creative Craft Products/Craftstash (discontinued) 

Holly Jolly Christmas 12 x 12 Paper Pack - Simply Made Crafts/Craftstash