Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Take Time to Smell the Flowers

Hi Crafty Friends,

Down here in Australia, it is the first day of Spring, yay! While we don't get the cold winters many of you get in the Northern Hemisphere, my favourite season is Spring. The weather is perfect, not to hot and not too cold and some many beautiful flowers blooming.

I created a Slimline card using stamps and dies from Honey Bee Stamps. 

For the background of my card I used blue paper from Lawn Fawn to create the sky portion of the card. I used Honey Bee Stamps Horizon Slimline die set to create the two grass panels and fence for the bottom part of the card.

To decorate my card I used the Sandie & Sis stamp set to create my gardening scene. The bear is larger than a 4 inch slimline card, so as I was putting the dress of the bear which is included in the stamp set. I decided to cut the bear along the stomach and glue it back together, to make it slightly smaller. This way the bear didn't go beyond the fold line of the card. I used all the accessories from the stamp set to create my scene.

The sentiment on the top right hand side of my card, is from the My Favorite Flower stamp set.


For the inside of the card, I used the grass die from the Horizon Slimline die set to add the grass along the bottom edge of the card. I stamped the flower pot,s watering can, boots and flowers from the Sandie & Sis stamp set and adhered them to my the grass area.

For the sentiment, I used two of the birthday sentiments from the Miss You Big Time stamp set.










2 comments:

eunice said...

Such an adorable Spring Time card! And what a clever way to shorten Mrs. Bear to fit onto your slimline card!

Karen Aicken said...

Happy Spring!!! And sweet card.