Thursday, September 23, 2021

Tiny Haunted House Slimline


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox. Create a Fall-themed card. 


For my card today I created a Halloween Slimline card where the front of the card is 3/4 the length of the back of the card.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


To create my card I cut two pieces of orange cardstock for the base. The back measures 3 5/8 inches x 8 5/8 inches. The front is 3 5/8 inches x 6 inches, I then scored along the long side of this panel at 1/2 inch to adhere this panel to the back panel.

I used papers from Pebbles "Spoooky" paper pad and black cardstock to layer each of the panels inside and out.


To decorate my card I used the Tiny House Pop-up and Haunted Tiny House Add-ons die set to create my haunted house pop up card.

I used a circle die from the Circles - Crosshatch die set to add the moon to the top left corner of my card. I added the bat which is included in the Haunted Tiny House Add-ons to the moon.

The tree is from the Halloween Scene die set.

The spider, web. ghost, pumpkin are all from the Haunted Tiny House Add-ons die set.


To the right of the haunted house I added the "Happy Halloween" sentiment using the Happy Halloween die set, I added another of the ghosts just above the sentiment.

To the far right of the card I added a different patterned paper which will show when the card is closed.


Here is a look at the front of my card, you can see how the house paper shows from the front.

To the front panel I added the fence from the Iron Fence Pop up die set. I cut off the wide panels and pieced together two black fences so it fitted the width of the front panel. I then die cut two white fences and adhered them underneath the back fence to create a shadow.

I added the "Boo!" sentiment from the Halloween Elements die set which is layered to an oval from the Ovals - Crosshatch die set.

I finished off the card by adding three ghosts and another pumpkin.



Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:










 

5 comments:

Lois said...

I like the way you did the fence on this one, Frances. The white underneath the black makes a nice accent.

Lynn McAuley said...

I'm loving this delightful pop-up haunted house! How awesome, Frances!!

Karen Aicken said...

Fun Halloween Slimline!

torssage said...

Have you ever tried to play the best online card game? Torssage is the foremost online playing card game for users who are getting bored from playing cards game online. The game allows users to form and join teams. If you are interested, download it from here: Torssage - App on Google Play

BeverlyBL said...

Love the Slimline idea. Also agree that your fence is fabulous. Your whole card is faboolous.