Thursday, September 16, 2021

Gnomebody Like You

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak, our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently September is also National Mushroom Month. Easy challenge: include a mushroom on your card. 


Last year Hello Bluebird release two Slimline dies that featured mushroom, as I had purchased both of these it was a no brainer to pull one of these out to make my card today. I used the Fairy Glade Scene Horizontal Slimline die for my card. The orange/yellow background was one I created a few months back which I didn't like at the time but I kept them and when the ink had dried properly I did like. So I decided to pull one of those out for the sky area. My go to color when coloring mushrooms is red, but as you can see I decided to try something different and colored the tops of my mushrooms purple instead.

To decorate my card I used Hello Bluebird's Next Door Gnomes stamp set for the gnomes and the smaller stamped mushroom and also the Garden Party stamp set for the larger stamped mushrooms.

The sentiment is from Your Next Stamp's Happy Gnomies stamp set.


For the inside of my card I created a pop-up card using Lawn Fawn's Pop-up Hooray and Oliver's ABC's die sets

I added a grass & cloud border to the bottom and top edges of my card using Trinity Stamps Slimline Scenic Borders die set.

To decorate I added more gnomes and a stamped mushroom using the Next Door Gnomes stamp set and the large mushroom from the Slimline die used on the front of the card.

I added the "It's your birthday" sentiment using stamps from Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti from a Stamptember release some years ago.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Other Supplies:
Celebrate Your Day Stamptember Stamp Set - Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti (discontinued)







7 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun bunch of gnomes under your awesome purple mushrooms!! Sensational birthday slimline design, Frances, with your wonderful pop-up greeting!!

Lois said...

Cute card, Frances! I love that pop-up HOORAY on the inside.

Karen Aicken said...

Such a cute gnome/mushroom card!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely SWEET!

Liz Williams said...

I love how these contrasting colors of purple and orange on this adorable card!

DISH said...

Your cards are awesome! This one is just so cute!
Do you sell your cards please and if so where please?

StampOwl said...

thanks Dish, sorry no I don't sell my cards online, it is just too hard to do that.