Sunday, September 26, 2021

STAMPtember - Riley and Company

Hi Crafty Friends,

As many of you probably know this month is "STAMPtember" over on Simon Says Stamp. During this month Simon Says Stamp collaborates with other stamp manufacturers to bring you special limited edition collaboration sets. These sets are only available through Simon Says Stamp and as they are limited edition, once they are sold out, they are not available anymore. STAMPtember stamps are only available for the month of September.



Available now from Simon Says Stamp is today's STAMPtember Limited Edition Collaboration set from Riley and Company. You can purchase either the  I Like You stamp set or the I Like You stamp and die set for a limited time, while supplies last.  The exclusive collaborations are selling out in record time this year, so act fast if you can.


I was excited to see "Riley" featured again in this years STAMPtember, especially since I have been involved with Riley since he first made his debut many years ago. Like last year Riley is with his friend Simon (from Simon Says Stamp).

I created an autumn themed pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Garden Bench Pop up die set.  To complete my scene I used the grass die from the Long Nature Edges die set which I added to the bottom edge of the card and also long the fold on the back panel. 

For the trees I used the trunk and branches from the Tiny Trees Pop-up die set. The trunk does have a cut in it, to allow it to be used to make a 3D tree, so I placed my top cutting plate just above that so this part of the trunk didn't cut. This also allowed me to make the bottom of the trunk a little longer. The leaf on the pillows is also from the Tiny Trees Pop-up die set.


I die cut a rectangle panel using the Crosshatch Rectangles die set, which I placed to the right at the bottom edge of the card. This gives me a place to write a handwritten greeting.

For the sentiment, I stamped it onto white cardstock and then cut the rectangle panel and layered it onto rust cardstock.


For the front of the card, I added the two patterned papers I used on the inside of the card.

I stamped the Riley/Simon image again on white cardstock and die cut that and the rust oval using dies from the Crosshatch Ovals die set.

I added the Hi sentiment which I die cut using the sun from the Landscape Scene die set and a circle from the Crosshatch Circles die set.







No comments: