Saturday, September 4, 2021

65th Anniversary


Hi Crafty Friends,

t’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Karen Ostergard.

Karen says ... September is my birth month. To start my birthday month celebration, make a birthday card with some dark blue - as my birthstone is the sapphire!


A couple at the club I belong to recently celebrated their 65th Wedding Anniversary, so I wanted to make a card to give them in honour of this occasion. The 65th Anniversary is called the Blue Sapphire Anniversary, so it was a perfect opportunity to make a card for the happy couple and complete this challenge at the same time.

As you can see I created a Slimline Shaker Pop up Card using Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Slimline with Hearts die set. I used Whimsy Stamps Waves Embossing Folder over the hearts panel to add some texture to the panel. I added blue and white sequins to the heart shaker windows.

I added the silver foiled "Happy Anniversary" sentiment over the middle heart using Spellbinders Mini Everyday Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Collection.


For the inside of the card I created a pop up card using Crafter's Companion's Pop-Out Numbers die set. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Royal Blue Silk Microfine Glitter to decorated the numbers.

I used slimline border dies from Dare 2B Artzy to add borders to the top and bottom edges of my card.

The hearts on either side of the "65" is from the heart panel on the front of the card.


I added the "Anniversary" sentiment which is die cut from silver mirror cardstock and blue cardstock which is from Karen Burniston's Word Set 12 - Anniversary die set.

The "Congrats" was created using Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Stamp and silver foil.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.