Friday, September 3, 2021

Magnolia Slimline Shutter Card

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have made lots of Shutter Cards in the past in both A5 (Australian Size) and A2 (USA Size}. I have been wanting to make a Slimline version, so when Kendra Morgan posted a tutorial for this style of card on her YouTube channel, I knew the time had come to make one. You can find Kendra's tutorial here.


My finished Slimline Shutter Gatefold Card measures 4 inches x 9 inches when closed and will fit in a #10 envelope.


To decorate my card I used a magnolia from Colorado Craft Company's Thinking of You Magnolias stamp set. I created a belly band to help keep the card shut and layered the magnolia onto circles using Divinity Designs Double Stitched Circles; Circles and Scalloped Circles die sets. The sentiment is also included in the stamp set.


When you open the card, the shutter portion of the card starts to open to reveal the sentiment or image.


I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Colorado Craft Company's Thinking of You Magnolia stamp set.


I also decorated the sides of the inside of my card using the opposite side of the patterned paper I used for the front and centre of my card. I added another of the magnolia's included in the stamp set to the top left and bottom right of my card.







No comments: