Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Today is St Patrick’s Day. Create a card that features either leprechauns or gnomes.


I have been having fun with creating Full Front Shaker Cards, so I decided to create another for today's challenge. To create the shaker portion of the card. I used a piece of patterned paper from Whimsy Stamps St. Patrick's Day Slimline Paper Pad, I die cut the paper using one of the rectangle dies from Picket Fence Studios Slimline Die Cutting System die set.

I used packaging from a stamp or die set that I normally would throw away,  using Picket Fence Studios Slimline Full Front Shaker die set. I filled the shaker with gold and green sequins and Picket Fence Studios Diamond Crystalline Diamonds. This was then adhered to the front of a top folding slimline card that measures 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches.

Karen Burniston recently released two St. Patrick's Day die sets ... the Good Luck Charms and Happy St. Patrick's Day word sets. I used the Gnome and Santa die set to create the leprechaun.


For the inside of the card, I used another of patterned paper included in the Whimsy Stamps Slimline St. Patrick's Day patterned paper, which I adhered to the top and bottom edges of the card.

I created a pop-up using the leprechaun & pot of cord by attaching these images to the pop up included in the Street Lantern Pop-up die set. 



Along the patterned paper on the lower edge of my card, I added the "hello" sentiment using the Hello word die set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

3 comments:

Lois said...

Love this, Frances! I really like the look of a full-front shaker card.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love that rainbow and your pot of gold along with all the sequins and glitter!! Happy St. Patrick's Day, indeed!! Awesome work, Frances!!

Liz Williams said...

Your cards are always full of wonderful surprises. All those shake-able sequins is really clever!!