Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March 2022 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 

Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our March Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "SHAKER CARDS" - incorporate a shaker element into a card of any theme.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action. 


Full front shaker cards have become very popular in recent times, so I decided to create one for this challenge. 

I die cut the patterned paper and a piece of white cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Long Rectangles - Crosshatch die set. I then adhered the two together to add extra strength. I covered the rectangle panel using some packaging from a previous stamp or die set I have purchased recently. I then added the different coloured sequins into the the panel before securing the last side shut.

I adhered this shaker panel onto an aqua rectangle and then onto a top folding slimline base which measures 3 3/4 inches x 8 3/4 inches.

To finish off the front of the card, I added the birthday sentiment which used Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Shadow die sets.


For the inside of the card, I created a pop-up card using the Little Labels Pop-up die set. I added more of the patterned paper I used on the front of the card, adhering the paper to the edges of the card.

I die cut the Little Labels Pop-up from light aqua cardstock and added it to the centre of the card. I used the ribbon dies included in the set to added the pink spotted paper along the bottom of the pop-up.


To decorate the labels, I used the Big Birthday Charms die set. I used the present and bow charms and die cut the presents to make them look similar to the patterned paper. I then added two presents to the two outer labels.

I added a stamp sentiment to the centre label.

Along the front edge of the card, I added the "Celebrate" sentiment using the die set of the same name. I layered this onto a rectangle panel that I die cut from one of the rectangles from the Long Rectangles - Crosshatch die set. The rectangle was longer than I needed, so after die cutting the rectangle, I placed it back into the die so I could make it a little shorter.


Here is one last look at my card when it is lying on my desk, so you can see the shaker pieces all over the background.








2 comments:

Gail said...

I love the colors of this cool card - TFS Fabulous art!

Karen Aicken said...

Great card for the challenge!