Monday, March 28, 2022

Pete's 70th

 
Hi Crafty Friends,

A friend of ours celebrated his 70th birthday earlier in the month, so of course I had to make him a card. 

As you can see I created a Slimline card which measures 4 inches x 9 inches.


I just had to try and make an image that looked similar to our friend, so I pulled out the Missees Men dies ... Brain & Andrew. I used mostly dies from the Brain die set, but I did need a couple of things from Andrew especially to add the grey hair at the sides of his head.

I am not sure if he owns a red shirt like this, but I do know for sure he has a blue one.

I added the Big Balloon designed by A Way With Words for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I added the "70th" to the balloon using two sets of discontinued dies.


For the inside of the card, I added a double pop-up using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set.

I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment to the top pop-up using Altenew's Birthday Builder stamp set. For the bottom pop-up I added the "You're How Old?" sentiment which is an older sentiment from Stamp It Australia.

Other Supplies:

You're How Old Stamp - Stamp It Australia (discontinued)
Suffix Style Die Set - Papertrey Ink (discontinued)
High Rise Numbers - MFT Stamps (discontinued)











1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

I thought I had commented on this already - love how you personalized his card.