Thursday, March 31, 2022

Bonjour

 

Bonjour Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Apparently today is Eiffel Tower Day - create a card with a French theme, bonus points if you include the Eiffel Tower. 


For my card today, I pulled out a couple of Paris/Eiffel Tower themed stamps and dies. For the girl and poodle, I used stamps from La-La Land Crafts Marci in Paris stamp set, this was previously the April 2019 club kit which I was lucky to purchase back then.

The Eiffel Tower in the background uses Karen Burniston's Eiffel Tower Pop Stand die from her Pop-It-Ups collection when she was designing for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I die cut the Eiffel Tower from Shimmer Sheetz, I found this one already die cut in my die set and as the color worked I made use of it.


I created a Terrific Tower Card using the 6" x 6" Terrific Tower die set from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott. 

For the "Bonjour" sentiment I used a stamp from the Marci in Paris stamp set and a speech bubble from Whimsy Stamps Comic Speech Bubbles die set.


Here is another view of the card, this time when it is lying on the desk. Hopefully you can see the side panels a little better.


On the back of the card, I added another of the large panels I used on the front. I added Picket Fence Studios HB2U die set for the sentiment.

To keep with the Paris/Eiffel Tower theme, I added the Eiffel Tower from La-La Land Crafts Paris Die set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Other Supplies: 
Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Die Set - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)






4 comments:

Lois said...

I love this, Frances! That tower die is very clever. You know, I almost used that old KB Eifel Tower from KB, but I remembered the collage stamp I eventually used.

Karen Aicken said...

Such a cool fun-fold card.

Liz Williams said...

I love the design of this with those cut out stripes on the side. So great in this blue and red.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous French birthday creation, Frances!! Absolutely adorable!!