Thursday, March 24, 2022

Owlsome Birthday

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Today is my birthday, so for our challenge this week create a card using one or more of my favourite things … Slimline cards; Interactive or Pop-up cards; owls; blue. 

 

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


Some people may be surprised that I didn't make a Slimline card seeing how much I love them. I decided to make an Interactive Card, ever since I made the baby themed Flip Card for my friend Maryann to celebrate her becoming a Nanna I have wanted to make an owl themed one for myself. I used Made To Surprise's 5 inch x 7 inch Fabulous Flip Card Mechanism die set to create the base of my card.

I adhered the flip card onto a top folding white card that measures 5 inches x 7 inches. I cut a strip of cardstock that measures 3 inches x 7 inches. I scored along the 3 inch side at 1/2 inch; 1 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 inches and then folded to create an "M" shape.I adhered this piece to the bottom of the inside of the card to turn it into a tent style card. This makes it easier to display.

I pulled out a mixture of old and new owl stamp sets to decorate my card. 

On the front of my card I used the owl from Art Impression's Birthday Whoot Stamp set. 

The sentiment is a mixture of the "Owlsome" Sentiment from Uniquely Creative's Owl Family stamp set and Honey Bee Stamps Stellar Sentiments stamp set.


When you pull the arrow, the front of the card flips to reveal the other side of each panel and a sentiment on the inside.


The sentiment on the right panel and the owl are both from the Art Impression's Chatting Whoot stamp set. 

On the white panel underneath the frame, I added two sentiments ... the bottom one is from the Birthday Whoot stamp set and the "Hoot Hoot Hoo-ray" is from JustRite's Owl Be There stamp set.


Seeing the card doesn't open, because I turned it into a tent card, I added a few panels to the back so that I could add a sentiment and hand written greeting.

I added another of the owls and the sentiments from the Chatting Whoot stamp set.

The party hat on two of the owls are from the owl on the front, which I stamped separately and cut and then added onto the other owls, to give them all a birthday feel.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:





Other Supplies:
Birthday Whoot Stamp Set - Art Impressions (discontinued)
Chatting Whoots Stamp Set - Art Impressions (discontinued)
Owl Be There Stamp Set - JustRite (discontinued)










3 comments:

Lois said...

That's such a clever flip card! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Liz Williams said...

Love this design paper and I hope you are having a wonderful birthday!!! "Owl" bet you are!

Karen Aicken said...

That's owl-fully cute!