Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Butterflies and Flowers


Hi Crafty Friends,

A few weeks ago, I pulled out my Hot Foil Machine, my Pinkfresh Studio hot foil stamps and foils and had a full day of just foiling. No cards were made, but I have lots of backgrounds, sentiments and images to turn into cards for the future. I shared one of my cards I made on this day, last week and today I have another to share with you all.

I spent a bit of time foiling my Geo Blocks Hot Foil Stamp, I stamped it in gold foils and also one using Couture Creations Pink Iridescent Flakes foil. As I also have Pinkfresh Studio's Solid Hot Foil Stamp I was also able to use all the negative pieces of foil to create background, which is what I did for this card.

As I decided to create a slimline card, I  cut the foiled background to just over 2 1/4 inch panels. I adhered these to either edge of my card. I then cut a white panel which I edged with purple cardstock to add a border to my panel. I adhered this to the centre of my card.

For the flowers I used the Pinkfresh Studio's Beautiful Blooms stamp set and coordinating stencils and dies. I love how easy it is to add color to the flowers using the stencils.

The butterflies were created using the Small Butterflies Hot Foil stamp with coordinating stencils and dies.

The sentiment is from the Fancy Script Words Hot Foil stamp set and coordinating dies. For this I used black foil and used the negative left over piece of foil to get the black outline and the white centre.


For the inside of the card, I had a tiny piece of the pink foiled background left over. So I used this to adhered to the right edge of my card.

I added another of the pink flowers, that I had used on the front to the left side of my card. The butterflies is another from the Small Butterflies Hot Foil Plate.

For the sentiment I used another of the sentiments from the Fancy Script Words Hot Foil Stamp set.







2 comments:

eunice said...

The hot foiled background makes for a stunning card! I'm still on the fence about foiling, but your beautiful cards are quite enabling!

Karen Aicken said...

So pretty!