Thursday, March 10, 2022

Birthday Rose


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Die Cuts Only - create a card that is created using dies only, no stamps. If you must, you can use a stamp for the sentiment, but bonus points if you use dies.




Over the past few months I have really been enjoying creating cards using Creative Expressions Edger dies ... I got a few late last year and recently I added a few more to my collection. For my card today I decided to use the Specimen Rose Edger die. This die is a lot larger than most of the others I have used today, that it is best suited for a 5 inch x 7 inch sized card.

I cut a panel of patterned paper using the Craft Consortium patterned paper. I layered this paper to a panel of white cardstock for extra strength and then used the rose to die cut the panel. I spattered a little gold paint to the left side of the die cut panel and let it dry. Next I die cut another rose from green cardstock. I added foam adhesive tape to the back of the pink rose panel and then added the green leaves and stems to my panel. 

I used an bossing folder from Whimsy Stamps to add texture to a piece of cardstock that would be the background of my card which I adhered to a 5 x 7 side folding card. I then adhered the pink panel to the card base.

I die cut a birthday sentiment using Yana's Layered Script Sentiments die set and added it to the lower left side of my card.

I foiled the "Happy" using a Spellbinders Glimmer sentiment set and then die cut the word into a rectangle. Yes this is a die cut only challenge, but the foil plates look more like dies then stamps and the word was die cut out.

To finish the card, I added a butterfly ... this isn't a stamp, but a foil plate again. This time I foiled the image using black foil.




For the inside of the card, I created a pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. I added a die cut sentiment from Simon Says Stamp to the pop up arm.

I added another of the foiled butterflies to the lower right hand corner of my card.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:






5 comments:

Lois said...

This is lovely! You're really pushing me into getting some more of those edger dies!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Such a pretty card!

MiamiKel said...

So lovely! I've not heard of Craft Consortium paper but I love it!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a beauty!! I love it, Frances!

Liz Williams said...

What gorgeous colors on this, Frances!