Thursday, March 3, 2022

Super Birthday

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce a new challenge hostess, which is ME!

Just like Slimline & Mini Slimline cards, the  5 x 7 inch card size is becoming more and more popular. For this week’s challenge create a 5 x 7 inch card.

I have been looking forward to be able to play with the male version of the Missees range of dies ... these sets are called Missees Man. There are two different die sets right now, Andrew and Brian. For my card today I used mostly dies and stamps from the Andrew set, however the mouth is from the Brian set.

Most of the cards I have made using the Missees die sets to date have either been Slimline or Mini Slimline sized, so making this for today's challenge it was fun to be able to make a 5 inch x 7 inch card size.

For the boy, I used my grandson for inspiration. I am not sure it really looks like him, but it does have red hair just like him. For his t-shirt I decorated the front using the batman logo using a die from Frantic Stamper.

I used Lawn Fawn's Window Frame die which I added to the background of my card. I adhered a scene from a piece of patterned paper behind the window.

For the sentiment I used a die from Whimsy Stamps' Comic Speech Bubble die set and a sentiment from Frantic Stamper's Superheroes stamp set.


For the inside of my card, I added the layers using Waffle Flower's A7 Layers die set. 

The sentiment uses the Happy Birthday To You die from Lawn Fawn.

I added two more of the Batman logos to the card.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:






5 comments:

CarlavdM said...

What a great card for a boy.
I really like the wholelook of it.

Liz Williams said...

I always love all the information you have about the supplies you use for your card. Those dies for the heroic symbols is so cool. Thanks for always keeping us aware of the latest and greatest on tools and supplies for my addiction.

Lois said...

That's a pretty cool card. I have a grandson who is a big Batman fan. He would love it.

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous display of die cut awesomeness!! Sensational card, Frances!!

Karen Aicken said...

So cute!