Monday, March 7, 2022

Cards for Ukraine


Hi Crafty Friends,

The Cardmaking community world wide have been showering social media with yellow and blue cards as a way to show our support for what is happening in Ukraine. My thoughts are especially with Yana Smakula and her family at this time and I hope they will all be safe along with everyone else in that country.

Many paper crafters are using the sunflower which is Ukraine's national flower, however I decided to use one of the die sets decided by Yana Smakula for Spellbinders for my card. I used the Magnolia Blooms die set which is a set Yana released earlier this year. I die cut the outline from gold mirror cardstock and the solid portion of the die from white and used blue inks to add colour to the flower.

For the background of my card I die cut Concord and 9th's Quilted Card Front die from white cardstock. I then blended various shaded of yellow inks to create an ombre effect. I die cut the panel using Heffy Doodles Metric Stitched Rectangles die set and adhered it to a top folding card.

For the sentiment I used a Hot Glimmer Plate/Die set also designed by Yana Smakula. I used gold foil on the sentiment and then used the Solid foil plate from Pinkfresh Studio to create the negative version using the leftover gold foil. This is the one I used for my card.

To finish off the front of my card, I added Gold Metallic Pearls also from Pinkfresh Studio.


For the inside of my card, I die cut the magnolia again using the same colours I used for the front. I trimmed off one of the flowers and then adhered the flowers to the lower portion of my card.

I used Pinkfresh Studio's Brushed Sentiments Hot Foil Stamp/Die sets for the sentiment, using the Solid Foil Plate to get the negative image.












1 comment: