Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Believe in the Magic of Christmas

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's now just over a month until Christmas Day, so pretty much most of my blog posts from now until Christmas will be Christmas related. For my card today I have created a Double Z Fold Card using a Crafter's Companion stamp/die set called Christmas Eve.

For this card I pretty much took my inspiration from the packaging of the dies to create my Double Z Fold Card.


For my night sky background, I used papers from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Card kit that was included in the Papercraft Essentials Issue 217, I still hadn't received my magazine when I made this but as I had downloaded the papers I was able to print them out.

I die cut all the buildings from black cardstock and then covered the windows with yellow cardstock. For those buildings that could be seen from the back, I coloured over the back of the yellow card with a black marker. It looks so much nicer doing this then seeing yellow on the back.




I cut the front "Z" panel from black cardstock and attached this to the card. I then added two levels of buildings onto this panel. The top one I glued flat and the one along the very bottom using foam tape. I also added buildings along the back of the card as well. The die set, comes with a die to die cut bridge pieces for the inner square, so I die cut two of these and added more buildings to this.

To finish off the front of the card, I added the moon to the right panel and then added Santa & his sleigh. I stamped the Santa image on a piece of patterned paper leftover from doing the background so that the image worked with the night sky.

I also added a sentiment from an older Bebunni stamp set.


I added a panel to the back of my card so I could add a sentiment. For this I used Picket Fence Studios' Slim Line Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Word Topper. As this had the trees on either side of the sentiment I figured this worked well with the Crafter's Companion set. I added the sentiment along the bottom of the card and then stamped Santa at the top. 


The card folds flat and measures approximately 5 1/2 inches x 5 3/4 inches, it does have a bit of bulk to it, so if you are hand delivery should fit in a 6 x 6 envelope. If posting it will probably need a padded or box envelope.

Other Supplies:
Night Sky Patterned Paper - Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Card Kit from Papercraft Essentials #217
Bebunni - Christmas Story Stamp Set - Crafter's Companion