Thursday, November 24, 2022

Warm Wishes


  Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Maryann Einam our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

For our challenge this week, Maryann tells us ... What ever the season it is great to get away, celebrate the day with a seaside holiday.


Right now I am in Christmas card making mode, the majority of my cards between now and Christmas will be Christmas themed where possible.  So when I was thinking about the beach I was thinking how I can adapt this for Christmas. Living where I do in Australia, we don't get snow and of course it is summer for us at Christmas time. I love snowmen, but of course the closest we get to snowmen here is either a bucket of water with some bits floating in it, or a sand version. So I decided to create sand snowmen or sandmen I guess they are.

As you can see I created a Centre Step Card using Divinity Designs Centre Step with Layers die set. For the background and sand for the bottom of the card and sandmen, I used the Beautiful Beaches patterned paper also from Divinity Designs.

To decorate my card I created two palm trees using an older palm tree die set from MFT Stamps, I added Christmas lights to the trunk using a Christmas light die also from MFT Stamps.

The sandmen or sand snowmen were created using Karen Burniston's Snowman die set.

I added a sun using a circle die to the top left corner of the centre panel and added some seagulls using an older Couture Creations die set.

Finally I added a sentiment to the bottom right using Waffle Flower Crafts Merry Christmas duo stamp/die set.


For the inside of the card, I added a white panel, adding sand to the bottom of the panel.

I used the Hot Foil plate that coordinates with the Merry Christmas Duo set to create the foiled sentiment, using the Solid Foil Plate so I could use the negative image of the sentiment. I also added the "Happy New Year" sentiment underneath.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:






Other Supplies:
Palm Tree Die - MFT Stamps (discontinued)
Seagulls Over the Ocean Die Set - Couture Creations (discontinued)








3 comments:

Lois said...

Suntanned snowmen! I love it!

Karen Aicken said...

Great combination of dies for a fun tropical snowman card.

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely fantastic! What a scene!