Thursday, November 3, 2022

Dog-Gone Happy Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Maryann Einam.

According to the days of the year calendar it is walk your dog week. Walk you dog week is a week holiday dedicated to bringing your dog a healthier lifestyle. Make a card with your furry friend in mind.


For my card today, I have created a pull card using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Everyday Pop Up die set. I recently also got the coordinating Perky Pooches die set that coordinates with the Everyday Pop Up die set and the Perky Pooches stamp set which is now only available as a digital stamp set. I did end up ordering the digital set seeing I had the dies and I was originally going to use that on my card but decided to go with these cute Gerda Steiner Dachshunds instead.

This is a 5 x 7 inch card. I die cut the grass included in the Perky Pooches die set twice from green cardstock to create the layered grass look on the front of the card.

I used three of the dachshunds on the front of the card with one of the dogs playing with a ball.


When you pull the tab at the top of the card, it reveals a bunch of colourful balloons and other of the dachshunds. I added some acetate on the back of the balloons/dog, to help give this piece a little strength and to help it more smoothly. 

I added a birthday sentiment using one of the sentiments from the LDRS Designs Essential Birthday Sentiments stamp set, this is one of my new favourite birthday sentiment sets. I also added a couple of birds using Hero Arts Beach Heroscape stamp set.


On the inside of the card, I added some more of the grass along the bottom of the card. I then added another of the dachshunds.

The birthday sentiment is an older Penny Black wood mounted stamp I have had in my stash for years.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:






Other Supplies:
Everyday Pop Ups 6 x 6 & 5 x 7 Pop Up die set - Made to Surprise
Dog Gone Birthday - Penny Black (discontinued)






5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute!

MiamiKel said...

Now this is adorable!!

Lois said...

Those pups are adorable! And the pull-up feature is very clever.

Liz Williams said...

Such cuteness and a "weiner" of a card.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a fun birthday card with your pull-up balloons!! Doggone delightful!!