Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Gingerbread Man Gift Tags



Hi Crafty Friends,

Each year I like to make a few special gift tags to use for the family's presents. When Creative Craft Products released their Christmas Honeycomb Paper die sets this year, I knew I wanted to use the Gingerbread Man die for those special tags.

As you can see by the photo above, I made six of these.


I used the main gingerbread man die to die cut the gingerbread man from brown cardstock. As I didn't want to see the openings for the eyes on the back of the tag and I also needed to add ribbon, I adhered each gingerbread man to a piece of the same colour cardstock and cut them out. If you were adding these to a card you wouldn't need to do this. 

I decorated the gingerbread man using the dies included in the set ... the icing, the hat, trim etc.

There is a half circle die included in the die set to die cut the honeycomb paper. I also die cut another from red cardstock and a full circle. I adhered the full circle to the belly of the gingerbread man.


I adhered the honeycomb paper half circle to the right side of the gingerbread man's belly and then covered the top of the paper with the half circle cardstock. 

As I wanted these tags to be able to be stored between now and Christmas and hopefully after Christmas if I can rescue any, I added the hook and loop to the the other side of the half circle. This allows the honeycomb to be stored when not in use (even on the present until the important time if needed) and then opened up when needed. I managed to find a large amount of hook and loop on Amazon for a very reasonable price, so I can afford to be generous with this.


As I wanted these to be gift tags, I die cut another circle from red cardstock and white embossed the to/from sentiment. The gingerbread man die set also includes a Merry Christmas banner, which would look nice adhered to the honeycomb section, but as I knew I would be folding these I decided to cut off the banner portion so it couldn't be seen from the front and adhered it over the arms.

I also added glossy accents to the eyes.









2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

These are SO cute!

eunice said...

Your honeycomb gingerbread tags are absolutely adorable!!! I didn't even know honeycomb paper was available in sheets to die cut into shapes as you please... that's so neat! Hope to have a chance to play with these papers one day too.