Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Santa Octagon Double Gatefold

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a fun Octagonal Shaped Christmas card to share with you all today.

A little while ago, I purchased some Creative Craft Products Nested die sets which were on special, Craft Stash always have some great specials on their website almost everyday. These die sets include the same shaped nested die from the smallest size possible to approximately 8 inches. Now I am not sure if I will ever need the 8 inch sized ones, but who can tell for sure. I have been making a lot of larger cards lately, now that I make so many Slimline, 5 x 7 and square cards, so I was after larger sized nested shaped dies. One I got in this sale was the Nested Octagonal die set that has 24 dies included in it. A while later Craft Stash released the Filigree Shaped Nested die sets, so I got a few of these ... I think I might need the rest of them now as I just love them. Anyway now that I have both die sets, I decided to pull them out to make an Octagonal Double Gatefold Card.



Here is a look at my card when the card is partly opened. I used holographic card stock to die cut all the filigree layers. 

On the centre panel, I added Santa which is from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Santa Claus stamp/die set.

The finished card is 6 x 6 so will fit into a 6 x 6 envelope.

Here is a look at my card when it is fully opened, the paper used on this card is from the Made To Surprise Shutter Blind Collection Paper Pad.

To create the base of my card, I took a piece of 6 x 12 cardstock and folded it in half, I then die cut the octagonal shape making sure that the cutting lines on one side were just over the fold line so it wouldn't cut. I repeated this with another piece of card and then adhered one of the octagonal panels over one from the other die cut piece so that I had a trifold card. Then it was just a matter of scoring and folding the two side panels in half to create the gatefold card.

I used die from both of the octagonal die sets to create the layers for my card.

And finally a close up look at the centre panel. I stamped the Merry Christmas and images which are all from the Santa Claus stamp/die set. 







1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Great sparkly holiday card!