Tuesday, November 29, 2022

From Our Family To Yours

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have two Christmas themed Slimline cards to share with your today.


Back in October, Crafter's Companion were celebrating their 17th birthday. I happened to watch one of their Crafter's TV videos on the first day of the celebration, where they were showing everyone a special party bag they were selling. I don't normally buy grab type bags, but this seemed pretty good even with shipping to Australia that I checked it out and purchased the bag full of goodies. When my parcel arrived, I was more than happy with what I received. One of the dies was this From Our Family To Yours Edge'able die set. I was planning on putting this away for after I had made all my Christmas card, but then I thought that sentiment suited Christmas so got it out to play.


For this Slimline card, I used the width of a A4 card to determine the width of my card. This makes the most of my cardstock. I completed card is 8 1/4 inches x 4 inches.

I die cut the edge'ables die onto a olive green top folding card. I used patterned papers from Simply Made Crafts Holly Jolly 12 x 12 Paper Pad to decorate the card.

I added acetate behind the front panel so it was level with the base of the card.


I added patterned paper to the inside panel of my card, the bottom section of this paper can be seen when the card is closed.

I added a Christmas sentiment using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Christmas Fun Sentiments stamp set.


I used different patterned papers for my cards, but they are both from the same pad. I paper pieced the letters to create the sentiment using red cardstock, which makes it easier to read.


To finish off the front of my card, I added the pointsettia and branches using two die sets from Divinity Designs ... Peaceful Poinsettias and Pinecone & Pine Branches die sets. 


Here is a look at the inside of my second card I created.












No comments: