Friday, November 4, 2022

Ho Ho Ho

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another Christmas card I created using the Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott Card Kit included in the Papercraft Essentials #217 Magazine. I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, but while I am waiting I decided to get the digital version of the magazine which comes with download of the papers and images, so that I was able to get some cards made before this Christmas.


Earlier in the year, Sam shared a card she had made where she combined one of her Terrific Tower cards with the pull tab mechanism from the Everyday Pop Up die set. As I was looking for something different to do with the kit, I decided to combine the two for my card.  It is good to be able to use both of these dies in a different way for a different look.

I used the 6 x 6 Tower Card die set for the base of my card. I used one of the papers in the card kit for the layers of my card.


When you "pull" the tab, it reveals Santa who is either going down or up the chimney. I used the Push Me Pull Me Stamp set to add the word "pull" to the pull tab.

As the centre panel is narrower than a normal card, I trimmed the sides of the chimney, and the top of the chimney down. I also printed out a slightly smaller snow image to put on the top of the chimney ... the advantage of having the digital set.


I used the "Ho" from the Christmas Fun Sentiment set, to add the 
Ho Ho Ho to each of the speech bubbles and then adhered them towards the top of the card. I guess Santa can be saying it when he is in the chimney.



As well as adding Santa inside the chimney, I added Rudolph, Santa's Sack and a present to the front of the chimney.



And finally the back of the card. I added a white panel to the centre, to add a sentiment and a place to write a personal greeting. I also added more images from the Card Kit. The sentiment is also from the Card Kit.

Other Supplies:
Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott Pop-up Card Kit - Papercraft Essentials #217
Everyday Pop-ups Die Set - Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott








2 comments:

Marie said...

Fabulous cards. Love them all. Unfortunately magazine unavailable in Australia and sold out at craftstash.

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun, interactive holiday card.