Saturday, November 12, 2022

Christmas Wishes Shaker

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a super cute Christmas themed 5 x 7 Shaker card to share with you today. 

I haven't been sharing cards much this year on weekends, but I have so much I still want to share with every before Christmas that I will probably post a little more often between now and Christmas. It may not be every weekend, but there will be a few times I will for sure.

For my card today I used products from the Papercraft Society's November Box which was designed by Daisy Mae. I just love the cute little polar bear images, and even though Christmas is in summer down here, I can't resist using these images to create a few Christmas cards.


Part of the kit, includes papers and coloured images to download so even though there are a few papers in the kit as well as a stamp set, I downloaded the images. The advantage of downloading the images is, that they are already coloured and I can adjust the size to whatever I want. I did make the image for the front of my card larger so it was be the focus of my card.

To create the shaker card, I used the full front shaker card technique, using some stamp packaging for the shaker cover. I added white sequins inside the shaker which were also included in the Papercraft Society kit.

To finish off the front of the card, I added some red snowflakes using dies from the kit.

For the sentiment I used stamps from Crafter's Companion's Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue 5.


For the inside of the card, I used the same image I used on the front of the card, but this time at the original size. I used the coordinating dies to die cut the image.

I used the Oh So Merry Sentiment from Mama Elephant's The Penguin's Waddle set to the main part of the sentiment. I then used the Crafter's Companion stamp set again to add the rest of the sentiment. I had to piece the "We Wish You An" part of the sentiment using parts of two sentiments in the set.