Friday, November 18, 2022

Merry Christmas Puddin'

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

A few years ago, Sam Calcott released a set that featured the mechanism for pull cards in both 5 x 7 and 6 x 6 format along with Christmas themed stamps/dies that featured images like an Elf, Santa, Christmas Pudding, Chimney etc. Unfortunately other than getting the stamps in digital format, the rest of the set are no longer available. I was able to purchase the pull card die set a few months back which was rereleased as a set called Everyday Pop-ups, but I couldn't find the dies to create the pudding etc and I so wanted to create those card. Well joy of joys in the Papercraft Essentials Magazine Issue 217, the kit included in this magazine were of these images. Of course I ordered it ... at the time of making this card mine is somewhere ... who knows where, I know the parcel arrived in Australia according to tracking but it hasn't arrived here yet. Fingers crossed it does, so I decided to buy the digital version of the magazine so I could at least print out the images and play.


As I have the Pull Card dies in the Everyday Pop-up die set, I decided not to use the template included in the kit for that portion of the card. The dies are slightly larger than the template, but it was easy enough to cut the square done once I had die cut the mechanism.

I used one of the papers included in the kit along with the pudding and elf images to create my card.


Here you can see my card, with the "Pull Tab" fully extended which reveals the cute elf. I used the Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott's Push Me Pull Me Stamp set to add the word "pull" to the top of the tab.


For the inside of my card, I added another of the elf images and also a gift image. I added the sentiment which is from the Christmas Fun stamp set.


Other Supplies:
Complete Pop-up Card Kit - Papercraft Essentials Magazine Issue 217
Everyday Pop-up Die Set - Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott.